React Software Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
Our client is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm.
- Working closely with traders, researchers, and other developers to build products that help understand, visualize and interact with large datasets in new and exciting ways.
- Developing full products, from inception to production, including identifying the business needs, user experience, backend processing, production support, and product evangelism.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance by building highly interactive web-based visualizations and/or plug-ins for Chrome.
- Providing on-call production support as needed.
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
Some of the key skills are:
- 3+ years of experience with product management, feature gathering, and UX design
- Experience working with Chrome developer tools
- Experience developing server-side systems in Java, Python, or C++
- Experience developing on Linux and a familiarity with the command line and Bash scripting
- Experience with DevOps or system administration to aid in deployment, load balancing, and troubleshooting is helpful but not required
- Experience with trading systems is helpful but not required
- Experience with implementing security systems (e.g. 2FA, encryption, etc.) is helpful but not required