RF Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL 60654
Our Client is looking for an RF Systems Engineer to join our world class wireless team. In this role, you will be involved with developing low-latency, high capacity wireless networks around the globe.
What you' ll do:
- Design, implement, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize a wide range of wireless technologies. Assist in evaluation and selection of new systems.
- Line-of-sight RF link design, system tuning and optimization, interference measurement/tracking, and general RF troubleshooting.
- Identify and qualify potential sites and paths for the networks
- Link budget creation and system performance prediction.
- Use of RF and network test equipment to measure and evaluate component and system performance in laboratory and field testing.
- Analysis of test results and close interaction with NOC and business teams to optimize the network.
- Work with regulators and frequency coordinators to license frequencies as required and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist in site surveys and site acquisition
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other teams to ensure project-related action items are reviewed and executed in a timely manner.
- Create detailed documentation for Field Engineers to use in implementing engineering requirements.
Skills you' ll need:
- Strong understanding of electronics including RF principles/theory (Signal Path, Power, Frequency, Noise, Modulation, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of RF communications systems. Experience with low-latency systems is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of RF and network test instruments and tools including spectrum analyzers, power meters, signal generators, BER testers, etc.
- Familiar with IP networks and troubleshooting network issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and present ideas clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Familiarity with linux command line environment and Python or another modern language.
- Experience designing microwave paths and link budgets using planning tools such as Pathloss/Sitesync/Splat! or similar is desirable.
- Experience with optical networking systems a plus.
Willing to travel up to 25%.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.