R&D Software Engineer
600 West Chicago Avenue Suite 825 Chicago, IL 60654
Our Client is a technology driven company, pushing on ultra-low-latency real-time systems at a large scale globally. Challenges abound, and you should have a desire to learn new technologies, and demonstrate an ability to solve unstructured problems.
The Research & Development team works with technologists and traders to provide both software and hardware solutions in areas such as fast networking, high performance computing, and real-time acceleration. This is a fast-paced area, where taking ideas through to deployment must be fast and accurate. We are looking for high performance software engineers who can help build the next generation of software solutions and have experience building reliable, high performance software applications. Ideally you will have a combination of low level software engineer skills paired with computer architecture understanding, and exposure to low level network architecture. This will enable you to fully contribute to co-designing hybrid hardware/software applications.
As a resourceful individual you will make a difference to our growing company and we will recognize, value, and reward your contributions. We will support your career progression in a well-resourced, fast-moving environment. Together we can make a significant impact and help define the future of trading acceleration.
What you’ ll do:
- Work within the Research and Development team to identify areas in a large automated trading system that can be improved; Design, write and test software to implement these improvements
- Collaborate with other development and operational teams at Jump to coordinate technology introduction and deployment
- Contribute to the development of productivity tooling that supports cross-team engineering efforts
- Evaluate advances in academic research for use in internal projects
- Build your skills in the finance industry and heterogeneous application development
Skills you’ ll need:
- Passion for development, strong work ethic, and drive to continually learn and improve
- Strong C or C++ design and programming skills
- Good API design
- Broad knowledge of algorithms and basic understanding of statistics and algebra
- Experience with Python, Matlab, or R for data analytics; Matplotlib, numpy are also preferred
- Experience developing low-level and/or embedded software applications
- Understanding of networking concepts (Ethernet, TCP/IP, IB, etc) with low level networking knowledge preferred
- Proven individual contributor in a dynamic environment
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area