Quantitative Developer (Strats)
New York City, NY 10036
We are looking to add a software developer to join our team in New York on a full-time basis. The developer will be a part of our statistical arbitrage team and be responsible for research/trading infrastructure support, design, and development. Our developers are organized into small teams with independent prioritization and release schedules. A very flat organizational structure allows for the opportunity to migrate across teams and broaden your business knowledge and experience.
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated track record of educational, professional, and personal achievement and be comfortable working in a creative and complex business environment. He or she should have an undergraduate or graduate Computer Science degree and a deep understanding of the subject. Financial experience is not a prerequisite, but an interest in the application of technology to investment management is a must. Candidates should also be a self-starter, numerate and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of the difference between working smart and working hard.
- Work directly with quantitative researchers and other developers in NY, leveraging technology to solve business problems in research, analysis, trading, and risk management.
- Partner with researchers and members of the development and IT team in both NY and Dallas Software Development:
- Deliver solutions quickly, but working within a professional software engineering environment.
- Design and support internal trading systems, research framework and infrastructure
- Understand and use appropriate software engineering techniques, including thoughtful design, unit testing, integration testing, and development.
- Be familiar and comfortable using distributed source code management systems, work/bug tracking systems, and automated build/testing technology
- Communicate with Front Office Personnel
- Work with quantitative researchers to understand their requirements
- Be engaged and knowledgeable enough to suggest innovative solutions
- Get user acceptance of solutions
- Respond to support requests in a timely manner
- Communicate with Strats/Dev/IT teams
- Commit to team decisions and execute on agreed upon objectives
- Build Knowledge of company technology stack, leverage it where appropriate, and actively look to expand it. Request or design/implement changes to shared infrastructure
- Manage projects effectively, including outsourcing parts of projects to Dallas where appropriate to gain additional leverage
- 2-6 years of professional experience as a C++/ Python developer
- Experience with automated testing
- Comfortable modifying complex code
- Experience as a developer in a finance firm preferred Background in mathematics preferred
- Excellent verbal and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a high degree of self-direction
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or other hard science
- Experience supporting a stat arb desk and knowledge of equity and/or future preferred
- Ability to freely context switch between projects and work independently as well as in a team
- Sense of urgency; should be able to prioritize own queue where appropriate
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance