Quantitative Risk Developer - Cryptocurrency
660 W Lake S Chicago, IL 60661
Quantitative Risk Developer
Seed is startup financial exchange focused on emerging markets. We are regulated as a Swap Execution Facility, receiving federal approval from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in record time. We are a fast-growing company, having recently sold a subsidiary to Dough, Inc., a major Chicago trading group. Our founders have been highlighted as some of Chicago’ s ’ 20 in Their 20s’. Able to work in downtown Chicago or from home when needed.
Seed will offer the first regulated market for crypto trading, using the world’ s first crypto-fiat margining, compression and settlement system.
Working at Seed
Seed is an innovator guided by the following values:
Be Independent: There is no micromanaging here. Interested in taking orders? Look elsewhere. Come here, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility and accountability from day one.
Encounter Great People: Teamwork and collaboration are hard requisites. From science and finance to farming and nuclear engineering. We aren' t co-workers. We’ re teammates.
Be Driven: We have a " get it done" attitude. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you. We will give you our all and expect the same in return.
Think Big: We are innovating by creating products that challenge the status quo. People will remind you of that. We want you to push back and defend your belief, and make it a reality.
By Dynamic: We expect you to work hard, promote a positive attitude and be available any time of the day.
Be Customer-Centric: Able to manage sophisticated trading customers when required.
Seed is looking for a Quant Developer to manage the next phase of Seed’ s growth. If you are interested in the intersection of finance, technology and risk, and are excited by application of crypto, this is the role for you. The role will require management of all settlement and risk processes in Seed’ s trade flow.
- Conceive and develop risk models and systems for initial and variation margin for crypto margining system.
- Develop cross margining and capital efficiency models.
- Research trading behaviors across Seed and competitive exchanges.
- Frame-working risk GUIs for risk department.
- Assist in the integration of additional crypto currencies as a tradable product and settlement mechanism.
- Assist in surveillance and risk of traders.
- 4+ years’ experience in a quant developer or similar role.
- Comfortable in multiple languages, APIs and FIX connection.
- Experience with settlement and compression systems.
- Relevant experience from top tier bank, swap dealer, FX trading firm and/or regulating agency.
- Financial Mathematics degree a plus.
- Work in Chicago.