New York, NY 10012
Launched in 2012, the growing NYC office is at just the right size to work elbow to elbow with top minds from both the trading and technology sectors. As part of the New York team, you will help drive decisions impacting infrastructure development, production challenges, sophisticated algorithmic trading strategies and more on a daily basis.
What You' ll Do:
Quantitative Researchers collect data and analyze the global markets, seeking to uncover patterns and understand the complexities of the global financial markets. They leverage statistical analysis and data mining skills, using the results of their research to make forecasts and develop profitable predictive trading models. Quantitative Researchers collaborate extensively within their trading teams to create and optimize trading strategies and advance the sophistication and results of their research, as well as work with members of the firm in technology and business roles to contribute to leading electronic trading strategies.
Skills You' ll Need:
- Creative thinkers who are driven, self-motivated and eager to solve challenging problems
- Proven success working with large and complex data sets and developing statistical models
- Strong programming skills in C++ in a Linux environment OR strong familiarity with Python, R or Matlab along with development skills to support research efforts
- Working knowledge of forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks or support vector machines
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics (or related subject)
- Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills