Quantitative Data Analyst
Houston, TX 77006-5443
We are looking for a Quantitative Data Analyst to work with our research team in Houston TX. This is a hands-on opportunity to work with a talented strategy research group while gaining a deep understanding of the use of data across the firm. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a good understanding of process automation, data analysis and statistics.
In this role the candidate will become an expert on financial vendor data and team up with our researchers on user needs and expectations. The candidate will design and build data processing pipelines from raw vendor data, and perform transformations, validation and integrity checks which drive our trading and research.
What you’ ll do:
• Become an expert in detailed analysis of vendor market data and it’ s use in trading strategies.
• Develop statistical models for data integrity and validation.
• Develop applications which aggregate and analyze data from multiple sources.
• Automate and monitor the daily analysis of datasets and associated statistics.
• Work with research to perform ad-hoc analysis of datasets as needed.
What you’ ll have:
• BS or MS in a scientific field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics etc.)
• Solid understanding of statistics and statistical models
• Experience developing data visualizations and statistical analysis
• Experience with Python and associated data stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib etc.)
• Experience with a compiled object-oriented language
• Understanding of financial market data systems and software
• Experience performing statistical analysis on large data sets
What you’ ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure with the opportunity to participate in a profit-based incentive program
- Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
- Weekly in-house professional massages, tickets to sporting and theater events
- Company paid onsite gym membership
- Training and development opportunities
- Pre-tax transportation contributions
- Casual dress
- Company events, often including employees' families