Java Software Engineer - Trading Team
540 W. Madison St. 26th Floor Chicago, IL 60606
Java Software Engineer - Fixed Income Trading Team
Our Client is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm.
Our Client is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to join a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building software for a fixed income trading team. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing, and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies.
To qualify for this role, you:
· have 3+ years’ experience using Java on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field.
· have 2+ years’ experience with Fixed Income Instruments, Interest Rates, etc
· can demonstrate expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
· can demonstrate expertise in data analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and signal processing
· can operate in multiple language domains, including Java and Python
· have a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering from a top university
Bonus points if you have:
· experience with complex systems or distributed programming
· contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
· have a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
· a demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies.
· an understanding of economics and the geopolitical landscape