Austin, TX 78701
What Does Client Solutions & Analytics do?
Client Solutions & Analytics (CS&A) conducts client-driven research and partners closely with clients to help solve practical issues related to asset allocation and risk management. The team aims to generate actionable investment insights for PIMCO’ s clients in order to add value beyond the portfolios that we manage. To do so, the team draws on proprietary analytics platform, forward-looking macroeconomic views, and deep asset class and sector expertise. The team employs a deep bench of global talent, including strategists, quantitative researchers, and dedicated technologists. It has developed a comprehensive suite of tools to help with portfolio risk factor analysis, optimization, scenario analysis, style analysis, and asset class valuations.
- Participate in model and application development using Python
- Participate in middle tier development using Java/JSON/Restful web services
- Help with flagship application infrastructure, including user interface enhancements and end-to-end infrastructure for various client-facing financial models, using Java and C#. Prepare impact studies as needed
- Actively participate in full development life cycle including design and review sessions with stakeholders, project managers and developers
- Support Client Solutions and Analytics quantitative researchers as they transition their models to Python.
- Maintain PowerPoint reporting framework; manage existing templates and build new reports using Java programming and Aspose
- Troubleshoot data and/or software issues and be able to rapidly implement fixes
- Provide timely and proactive level 3 support to end users
- Write productivity tools and other ad-hoc tools as needed
- Build/maintain application knowledge base
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. A higher degree in Computer Science or engineering is desirable.
- Strong OOP skills with hands on experience in Python and Java is required
- Intermediate SQL/Database Query experience required.
- Strong analytical ability to learn independently from the code / reverse engineer.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Knoweldge of Matlab is a strong plus
- C# and C++ experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal is a plus.
- Exposure to finance (degree/CFA/work experience) is a plus.
- High energy, self-starter, detail oriented, ability to work independently within the firm’ s demanding and highly focused team
- Proactive about recognizing potential improvements or impending problems.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.