Python Developer - Compliance Team
New York, NY 10012
Our Client is hiring a Python Developer for their Compliance team. The position offers outstanding room for growth and a unique opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a successful high frequency trading firm. We are looking for an up-and-coming developer who loves coding, enjoys taking on challenging problems, and wants to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with an interest in compliance and automated trading. In this role you can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets and find yourself solving interesting problems in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Able to design data-intensive applications which are reliable, scaleable and maintainable
- Build deployment and monitoring systems to ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain and upgrade existing codebase and infrastructure
- Harness proprietary data to create compliance and analytical reports
- Aid in monitoring firm-wide trading
- Maintain internal processes and improve them to be more efficient and robust
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes to existing processes and long-term direction setting
- Statistical Analysis in Python. Pandas, numpy, scipy
- Can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Under 3 years of experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced Python skills
- Basic understanding of trading and exchanges a plus but not required
- Ability to work across disciplines and quickly transition from one project to another
- We are interested in candidates with STEM degrees for this role: science, technology, engineering, math
Our Client has built one of the world' s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development.