Production Support Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
The Financial Technology Group seeks a Production Support Engineer to join its Financial Risk Management (FRM) Practice in Chicago, IL. We are a cohesive team of dedicated and enthusiastic software and quality assurance engineers, further supported by two managers and a small operations team. The spectrum of our work is broad, ranging from ad hoc solutions tailored to meet the immediate needs of a client to enterprise-scale applications that are critical to long-term business operations. This means that support responsibilities are varied and many systems will need to be learned. However, on a perpetual basis we own, operate, and continuously improve three major platforms: GridStep (for grid computing), HedgeOps (an enterprise reporting and workflow engine), and RISE (Retirement Income Security Evaluation). These three systems require the most attention.
This role will report to our DevOps Team Lead.
Your Role/What You’ ll Do:
Responsibilities include production support for business-critical systems; management of support queues; collaboration with software engineers and members of the quality assurance team; database administration, deployment activities, and participation in the development and execution of DevOps tools. Daily interaction with practice professionals, including our consultants and our clients, is expected, as is steadfast professionalism.
DevOps efforts will be secondary to system support obligations and concentrated on internally developed grid- and cloud-computing platforms (leveraging .NET, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft HPC) as well as company-developed data management, workflow and reporting platforms supporting critical FRM services (including .NET, Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, PowerShell and PowerBI). Contributions to custom monitoring systems as means to improve the support experience are likely.
- Several years of experience supporting enterprise applications in a formal capacity.
- Capable of working autonomously on all aspects of system support (responsiveness, problem solving, and documentation).
- The capacity to follow direction and seek assistance when required to remain productive.
- Impeccable collaboration and communication skills.
- Comfortable adapting to changing priorities; capable of contributing to multiple ongoing support activities.
- Proficiency with relevant Microsoft technologies (.NET, SQL Server, PowerShell, Azure, etc.).
- Knowledge of production support methodologies (e.g. triaging and escalation).
- Familiarity with JIRA Service Desk or ZenDesk
- Experience with git and/or subversion.