Privacy Program Manager
Warrenville, IL 60555
We are looking for an experienced privacy professional to help build, implement, update and maintain our global privacy program. The ideal candidate will be expected to help develop internal tools to manage the privacy operational life cycle.
- A minimum of 5 years of privacy program management experience required. Relevant experience includes privacy governance and/or privacy operations management.
- 5 to 7 years of privacy legal experience in a global entity highly preferred.
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Political Science, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- CIPP/CIPT/CIPM Certification or similar strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of privacy laws and regulations covering US, EU, and Asia preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Data Protection Direction and GDPR strongly preferred.
- Strong policies, standards and framework drafting skills and experience.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and teams.
- Technical knowledge and experience implementing privacy by design in a system development life cycle strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in conducting Data Protection Impact Assessment.
- Strong knowledge in cross-border transfer mechanisms for data transfers.
- Strong knowledge in information security particularly application security preferred.
- MS Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Develop policies, standards and frameworks covering compliance, data breach notifications, subject access requests and other privacy operational activities.
- Establish, implement, maintain, monitor and test privacy governance and operational activities.
- Provide strategic advice on data processing and regulatory compliance.
- Manage data mapping tools, draft or update interview questions for data processing, and work with business units to conduct privacy impact assessments.
- Establish dashboards for reporting and create various privacy metrics covering global data processing activities.
- Create privacy training materials and conduct training across various teams within the organization.
- Help build and support a network of privacy champions across the organization.
- Partner with Compliance team to manage global data privacy compliance programs including data mapping process, risk assessment, data protection impact assessment, gap analysis and development of action plans.
- Interact with systems and application owners and help implement Privacy by Design with appropriate privacy control recommendations.