Principal Security Engineer - Newport Beach, CA
650 Newport Center Drive Newport Beach, CA 92660
Principal Security Engineer
Our Client is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2, 200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will play a critical role in the design, development, and delivery of key technology solutions. You will be part of a highly functioning and energetic team that plays a key role in supporting the transformation of platforms and applications across the firm. You will need to be a big-picture strategic thinker, who is able to pay close attention to details and autonomously drive initiatives throughout the enterprise. This position is an exciting role for the right candidate with the technical know-how and leadership qualities who is eager to drive security initiatives from start to finish. This position presents opportunities to advise on cybersecurity strategy and implementation to senior management. The Information Security team values an entrepreneurial attitude and fosters an environment for professional growth and career development. The candidate for this role should be an excellent communicator, who is unafraid to ask the tough questions, to challenge the status quo, and who knows how to drive change. They will be an important culture carrier for the organization, who models the right behaviors for the team, and helps create a shared sense of leadership and accountability across technology.
- Develop skills, technical capabilities, and methods to provide the best cyber defense capability to protect IT assets from cyber threats, attacks, and exploitation
- Maintain situational awareness of relevant cyber defense initiatives, indicator lists, threat reports, incident response techniques, and cyber defense technologies to ensure that cyber defenses are effective and incorporating the best protections
- Provide critical input into the selection, configuration, and implementation of new and existing security technology solutions
- Solid understanding as to what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies, and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Proactively identify (“ threat hunting”) and analyze new and emerging threats in addition to countermeasures, controls to ensure adequate protection/capabilities
- Lead the vision, development and operations of technology automation and response infrastructure including but not limited to data centralization, data normalization, data ingestion, data retention, event correlation, machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), analytics, and orchestration
- Define, develop, and implement incident response policies, standard operation procedures (SOP), and playbooks
- Build and manage security service provider relationship(s) including but not limited to contracts, use case development, service level agreements, and work flow/process development
- Serve as information security subject matter expert, trusted advisor
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior architecture and operational staff
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Security
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in and/or managing a security operations center capability.
- Master’ s or Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Strong understanding of threat models, adversary tactics and methodologies, and threat intelligence
- Experience (in at least 3-4 ) configuring and operating tools and technologies such as next generation anti-virus (AV), identity and access management (IAM), privileged access management (PAM), endpoint detection and response (EDR), security information and event management (SIEM), user and entity behavior analysis (UEBA), data loss prevention (DLP), email gateways, application firewall, mobile device management (MDM)
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills and ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions through to completion
- Script development (Python, VBscript, and Powershell)
- Ability to meet established deadlines; must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as being a team player
- Strong facilitation skills and a clear ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels, including senior managers
- Demonstrated ability to translate business drivers and priorities into security design
- Ability to translate complex technical information across all levels of the organization
- Our Client is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.