Post Trade full stack (London)
Chicago, IL 60654
This individual will be part of the team involved in developing Jump’ s next generation post-trade processing platform, based on distributed architecture principles and designed to support complex business pipelines. The system is being designed to support Big Data warehouse capabilities for storing and analyzing billions of historical transactions for regulatory and analytical purposes. The role provides the opportunity to learn various aspects of the financial business functions including risk, regulatory, accounting and compliance.
If you are a tech-savvy individual who enjoys the challenges of solving difficult technical problems in a fast-paced, energetic environment, then this is the role for you.
What you' ll do:
- Design and develop a next generation system for post-trade processing
- Work with external systems on transaction enrichment and data normalizations
- Design and develop software components such as trade reconciliations, position calculation, P&L calculations and more
- Develop tools to assist in the review and analysis of trading activity that involves Big Data
- Work directly with business users and the core technology team on requirements gathering and system design
Skills you need:
- 2+ years of python programming experience
- Knowledge of SQL and non-SQL DBs
- Strong experience or desire in developing Rest Endpoints using Django/Flask
- Experience working with version control and job management systems such as Git, SVN, Jenkins
- Strong Linux Shell (all utilities) experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree (preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science)
- Previous experience demonstrating strategic thinking skills and maturity in tackling complex problems, dealing with people, technology and processes
- Experience with data driven analysis tools such as numpy, pandas, and matplotlib.
- Advance knowledge and operating and troubleshooting IP networks