Platform Engineer - Java
Chicago OR NYC, IL 60606
Our Client is seeking a Platform Engineer to help improve the scalability, performance and efficiency of the team’ s state-of-the-art trading systems. The platform is deployed across global markets and asset classes and supports a profitable high-volume business. You will work out of either our Chicago or New York office.
What you' ll do:
On any given day you may find yourself doing the following:
- With exposure across the stack, you will work to improve the performance of highly optimized software, hardware, and components that interface with one of the fastest network infrastructures.
- Straddling both a NY-based core technology team and a Chicago-based trading team, you will help enable the growth of fundamental trading paradigms with global scope.
- Focusing on strategy performance optimization and delivering research technology to expand access to new alphas.
Who you are:
- You take initiative, own your work, and are persistent in following through to completion
- You show passion for what you do and have a burning drive to reach a goal against all odds
- You are someone who naturally thinks strategically and easily abstracts simplicity from complex systems
- You strive for technical excellence and want to work in an environment that rewards it over all else.
Our ideal candidates bring many of the following attributes to the table:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in core Java programming
- Knowledge of distributed and highly concurrent systems
- Experience with low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments
- A life-long learner who is keenly aware of the latest developments in technology
What you’ ll get:
- The opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure
- Generous benefit plan structure with an option for fully-paid individual health insurance premiums
- Training and development opportunities alongside company-sponsored social events
- Pre-tax transportation contributions, on-site gym in some locations, and daily-customized lunch