Operations Engineering Manager - Back office
Houston, TX 77001
We are searching for technology leaders to help drive the build-out of a scalable investment management post-trade platform. Responsibilities include the direct oversight of a software development team that enables critical functions such as funding, cash management, trading operations, fund accounting, investor accounting, corporate accounting, and regulatory reporting.
An individual in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in New York to design, implement and roll out technology solutions to address a wide array of complex business problems. They will spend approximately 15% of their time working out of our New York City office, and the rest in our Houston, TX location. They will also be able to provide technical and strategic guidance for growing teams of world class software engineers.
• 7+ years of relevant experience in software development with demonstrated progression from hands-on experience to architecture and leadership roles.
• Experience doing hands-on large scale software development and architecture
• A proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring software engineering teams
• Extensive experience developing in-house software solutions
• Deep knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas: funding, cash management, trading operations, fund accounting, investor accounting, corporate accounting, and regulatory reporting
• BS or MS in Computer Science
Ideal candidates will have:
• Extensive experience in the investment management, fund administration, clearing, or prime brokerage space
• Successfully partnered with functional counterparts to develop and execute a technology strategy that realized material business objectives.
• Delivered technology and developed subject matter expertise within one the above noted functional areas.