Operations Developer - Chicago
Chicago, IL 60606
Operations Developer (New York)
The Operations team is responsible for managing Our Client’ s live trading environment. They play a role in everything that our client does to create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. An Ops Developer might work on Ops-specific tools, take on development projects with Core or Algo, or tackle challenges facing other areas of the company. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and trading automation. Anything that would touch our globally distributed production environment is fair game!
Being an Ops Developer means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. You’ ll be in charge of designing new systems that impact the whole company, debugging mission critical software under time pressure, hacking your way through old scripts, and reviewing pull requests -- all in a day’ s work. We release a lot of code (usually daily, sometimes hourly!) that reaches into every department and every office .
As an Ops Developer you' ll establish a deep knowledge of Python, C++, OS internals, CPU architecture, network hardware and protocol, individual market behavior, firm risk controls/risk management, algorithm design, and strategy management.
We' re looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience in C++ and Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- You attained a Bachelor’ s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are adept in at least one higher level language such as Python (preferred) or C++
- You have experience working with databases (SQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do?
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- Experience with (or a strong interest in learning!) UI Design / PyQt / HTML / CSS
Our Client brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. They have built one of the world' s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.