Network Security Engineer
540 W. Madison Street, 26th Fl. Chicago, IL 60661
Our Client is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm.
Who we’ re looking for
A talented network engineer to join the security team - - this person will design, maintain, and support their security environment with a focus on network security. To flourish in this role, you should have a strong drive to learn and improve. You will harness your innovative side to identify new technologies, enhance documentation, improve operational efficiency and reduce operational risk. When it comes to new tech, you will research and evaluate new solutions using custom and commercial testing tools.
You will be right at home if you:
- Are an experienced engineer with deep design, implementation, and support experience
- Have pride in your work to complete difficult tasks quickly
- Have a tenacity for solving complex technical design challenges and issues
- You want a web interface on your tool, right?
- Have a virtual tool belt of proven knowledge that encompasses many of the following areas: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, Security
- Have experience with firewalls, client VPN, and IPS
- You are OK with some on-call, night and weekend work
- Are passionate about high-quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Enjoy working with people and have an ability to explain complex problems in a non-techie way for others to understand, both in writing and verbally
- Want to be part of a great team and enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating on projects
Some things you will be working on:
- Collaborating with internal groups to gather requirements, propose designs, implement solutions and support our global environment
- Configuring and maintaining multi-vendor firewalls, IPS, and VPN concentrators
- Using Python to build tools and automation
- Improving our support tools and processes to enhance our monitoring and automation efforts
- Leading and participating as a team on many projects