Chicago, IL 60654
We are searching for a full-time, Chicago-based MySQL DBA/Database Developer who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. You will also work on developing and optimizing database applications and establishing best practices. You will help solve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future. You will work closely across business and technical teams to provide database development support for large and small scale project efforts. Also assist in mentoring more junior level resources.
- Designing/maintaining data structures to support new and existing development.
- Administration and Management of entire Development, QA, UAT and Production environment.
- Perform Installation, new databases design, configuration, backup, recovery, security upgrade, schema changes, tuning and data integrity.
- Increase database performance by utilizing MYSQL configuration changes.
- Deals with Database hot and cold backup.
- Performance tuning on daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning.
- Users and Groups Management along with setup restrictive permissions.
- Perform MYSQL Replication setup and administration on Master Slave.
- Implement and Manage Database Clusters
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for Database Sizing, Query Optimization, Backup and Recovery, installations, upgrades and security including other administrative functions as a part of profiling plan.
- Design and develop stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints to suffice enterprise data needs.
- Design, model and build effective, high-performing relational and document-oriented database systems.
- Perform task related to data retention, migration and deployment of databases.
- Sound knowledge of Data Warehousing best practices and methodology
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Profile database resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participates in normal support coverage rotation as scheduled.
- Provides support and maintenance for one or more moderately complex applications.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology or other technology related discipline or equivalent education/experience in the field of data management
- Minimum 4 years of experience as MySQL DBA/Developer
- Strong proficiency with Unix or Linux
- Experience with implementing & managing Percona toolkit
- Experience with implementing & managing Master-Slave Replication
- Experience with implementing & managing Database Clusters
- Involvement with the other ETL tools
- Knowledge of Query tuning and optimization of DB for the high volume with ACID nature.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.