Infrastructure Technician (2nd Shift)
New York City, NY 10041
Please note: Core working hours for this position are 2: 00pm - 10: 00pm
This position provides day-to-day problem resolution to end-users regarding their MAC and PC hardware and software applications, along with problem resolution for all other IT assets onsite (e.g. LAN, servers, email etc.) Also provides support for the design, procurement, installation and configuration of all site IT infrastructure to support effective and efficient technology use at the site (e.g. electrical power, HVAC, LAN, servers, disaster recovery, etc.) Perform asset management functions for all IT assets within the site(s).
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. This position needs to be able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Responds to Service Desk referrals of end-user requests for help solving MAC and PC hardware, software, peripheral or production equipment related problems or issues.
- Prioritizes problems based on severity, urgency and impact to the business; tracks all outstanding incidents until successful resolution. May hand off extremely complex technical problems to higher-level support or other IT department staff if required.
- Troubleshoots any technical difficulty with PC and MAC hardware and software issues, Internet, network applications, configurations and peripheral equipment.
- Works with enterprise support groups and outside vendors to resolve problems or issues.
- Coordinates through the change management process to move, install, upgrade, remove and configure site IT assets and supporting infrastructure.
- Maintains the asset management system (additions/changes/deletions) for accurate tracking of all IT assets within the site(s).
- Supports and conducts routine audits of site IT assets and processes to ensure compliance with established company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with Governmental regulations and policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- This position requires support of and travel to remote sites.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- The candidate needs to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. In addition, may require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Also demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- This position requires very good communication skills, to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- This position needs to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Candidate must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.