Functional Software Engineer - Compliance
Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client is looking for a Functional Programmer to join a small team of highly talented technologists and analysts. This team is tasked with building and maintaining tools to review trading activity and analyze significant amounts of data to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies. This individual will work in a team responsible for setting up and managing compliance infrastructure, generating compliance and surveillance reports and responding to data requests. This hands-on role will work with compliance and risk on a daily basis to identify opportunities to efficiently maintain and query data.
- Analyze large data sets looking for patterns, trends, and anomalies
- Quickly provide data in response to ad hoc requests
- Enhance existing surveillance and alerting infrastructure
- Create new alerts or surveillance reports as needed
- Create applications to ensure compliance with regulatory rules
- Strong software engineering experience with languages like Python, Java, and/or Elixir
- Basic SQL
- Data mining skills
- Understanding of web based reporting/presentation structures
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of trading/financial industry
- Experience with functional programming languages, e.g. Elixir, Clojure, Scala, etc.
Our Client is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds, and they trade for their our own account in markets around the world