New York, NY 10005
Working as a hardware developer at our client means working on a small, highly productive and efficient team. We know you might see " Trading" in our name and assume you' ll be relegated to some dark corner to code for the " business", but that couldn' t be farther from the truth. A fully automated trading firm based in NYC, the technology you create *is* our business, so it is everyone' s job, top to bottom, to make sure our core dev team has everything they need to do their jobs well.
So, we are looking for experienced hardware developers who love to design new hardware, like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and don' t mind the added bonus of having hard work rewarded through recognition and extremely competitive compensation. Hardware developers will be part of a small but growing team which is integral to ensuring the success of the firms trading in the future. You can expect to always be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets as you work on critical hardware and software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
Our Client’ s distributed trading system is on the Pareto frontier of latency and throughput. You' ll work with cutting-edge technology and figure out efficient ways to perform on-the-fly transformations of market data and implement mathematical models. Deep knowledge of SystemVerilog, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocols are critical to a hardware developer' s success.
- Brilliant optimization, design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Expert SystemVerilog development skills with a thorough understanding of the language both for synthesis and verification
- Expert on FPGA architectures, with a deep understanding of what makes an FPGA " tick"
- Good knowledge of C and C++ and how to use them to communicate with hardware
- Good knowledge of UNIX operating systems, system/processor performance, and network communication
- Some exposure to Linux kernel drivers helpful
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you' ll find like-minded people here.
- You possess a bachelor' s degree in Computer or Electircal Engineering or a related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and make it better
- You can describe hardware designs at a high level, low level, or anywhere in between
- You want to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do -- you' ll find them here in abundance!