Equity Quantitative Analyst
2101 Cedar Springs Road # 3650 New York City, NY 10010
Equity Quantitative Analyst – New York, New York
We are seeking a quantitative analyst to assist in the research, development and implementation of quasi-systematic and systematic volatility strategies. The analyst will have primary responsibility for some day-to-day research efforts in collaboration with other team members. This role requires the ability to program in order to produce potential strategies, simulate historical trading results, and leverage the robust code already in place.
The successful candidate will work with the PM to generate $10mm+ in annual profits with the longer term goal being $20mm+ in annual profits. Over time, the analyst would be expected to independently generate investment research ideas.
The candidate should have a strong research and development background, a demonstrated track record of educational, professional, and personal achievement and be comfortable working in a creative and complex business environment. They should have a STEM degree and a background that demonstrates a strong aptitude in and a deep understanding of Math, Computer Science and Statistics. Candidate should demonstrate interest and understanding of financial markets. The candidate should be a self-starter, have good communication skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- 2-6 years of experience programming in Python or C++ with ability to develop software and systems to research and implement systematic trading strategies
- 2-6 years of relevant work experience at a major sell-side institution or hedge fund/asset manager in a quantitative role. Experience with volatility or options related projects a plus
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other related STEM field
- Background in analyzing large and complex datasets, preferably with Python
- Interest in and understanding of financial markets
- Ability to concurrently execute multiple projects
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a small team in constant collaboration