209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
The candidate needs to provide engineering solutions that streamline our ongoing operations while supporting the full suite of endpoint applications being deployed into the environment. This includes ownership of endpoint build or provisioning processes, application and patch deployment, support of server-side resources for endpoint processes, and responding to operational requests and incidents across IT functions.
Work is typically performed under minimal supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. The candidate must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Create new and update existing OS images for systems used in the organization
- Configure and test profiles for provisioning endpoints using EMM technologies where appropriate for the platform
- Develop, maintain and improve the full build process including environmental procedures and scripting, meeting standards of security and governance teams
- Work with external partners to streamline procurement and build/provisioning processes
- Create and maintain application and patch deployment packages
- Assist field services, security, and others in IT with endpoint incidents and requests
- Participate in project teams as the endpoint resource for infrastructure initiatives and proprietary application development releases
- Administer, utilize, and upgrade central server systems for endpoint management
- Provides leadership and/or liaison for design efforts within specific business domains, to include best practices, business alignment and requirements for supporting endpoints.
- Prioritizes problems based on severity, urgency and impact to the business; tracks all outstanding incidents until successful resolution. May work cooperatively on extremely complex technical problems with higher-level support or other IT department staff if required.
- Works with enterprise support groups and outside vendors to resolve problems or issues.
- Coordinate releases into the production environment through the change management process
- Identifies and recommends budgetary items based on infrastructure additions/improvements/removals.
- Assist with field services incidents and requests as required
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MacOS, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Experience implementing, operating, and supporting endpoint management systems for system builds, software deployment, inventory management, endpoint protection and encryption
- Experience implementing, operating, and supporting MDM or EMM tools is a plus
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments, including Symantec and Microsoft tools for endpoint protection, encryption, and management
- Experience managing endpoint platforms such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Management Agent (Altiris), and Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for Windows system builds
- Experience managing MacOS and Windows 10 systems in an enterprise environment
- The candidate must be able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Ability use good judgment and quick decisions that will support the business, and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Mentor junior level team members in various disciplines as it applies for supporting the users.
- This position requires excellent communication skills in order to communicate to all levels of the organization by using language that is easy for others to understand. The ability to discuss the businesses programs, policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Experience modifying communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. The candidate requires strong understanding of a message that could have a serious impact to the organization or customer.
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.