DevOps Engineer- Night Shift
Houston, TX 77006-5443
Our Client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to help support the state of the art trading systems, based in their fabulous office in Houston. As a member of the Operations Engineering team, you will be doing work that directly affects our ability to trade every day. This position will work and support our APAC shift (Sunday – Thursday, 5pm – 2am).
We are continually developing and improving our applications, which is where you come in. Our team is responsible for the rollout, configuration and monitoring of production software and for the production of tools to continually improve the way in which we do this. We are responsible for ensuring that our systems uptime is maximized. Our Ops Engineering team is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated individual to help design, build, and realize the next iteration of continuous delivery pipelines. You will work with a strong team of developers & analysts that will create, maintain and support the tools and software that make up our mission-critical trading applications. You should be aware that we are close to the " sharp end" of our business and as such will be expected to start work before market open. We do work hard to ensure a sensible work/life balance.
What you’ ll do:
- Monitor, Configure and Troubleshoot our trading systems to ensure maximum uptime
- Build tools to support the configuration, deployment and monitoring of our Trading Systems
- Work with the development team to highlight recurring issues and to help with guiding the development team towards producing robust, supportable applications.
- Help to promote and improve standards within the wider group. You will work with our business partners and software developers
- Champion Continual Service Improvement activities
- Ensure that support documentation is produced, maintained and improved
- Performing data analysis
- Develop reports, work flows, web pages to maximize efficiency of the support function.
- Participate in the Support Rotation of our global trading systems
- Deploy and support complex 3rd party and internally developed applications
- Ensure that we maintain all interfaces with external vendors, each with its own way of operating.
- Manage and participate in cross-functional projects (E.g. Data Centre deployments, new markets / asset class investigations)
What you’ ll have:
- Passion for technology and drive to solve challenging problems
- Development skills in at least one of Python, C#, Java, C++
- Knowledge of at least three of Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Elastic
- Linux and its associated toolset (We don' t need you to be able to write a complicated awk script from your head, but armed with the internet, you could)
- Networking. Know your TCP from your UDP
- A never-ending desire to automate manual tasks
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience and Perseverance
- An ability and desire to learn new skills
- Must be able to work required shift hours (Sunday – Thursday, 5pm – 2am)
What you’ ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results.
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure
- Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
- Weekly in-house professional massages, tickets to sporting and theater events
- Company paid onsite gym membership
- Casual dress
- Company events, often including employees' families.