325 N. LaSalle St. Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60654
The Data Warehouse Developer is a key, hands-on role that will develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, transformation and management of Data from one or more sources. This role will be integral in designing, developing, maintaining the Data Warehouse, Analytics and Operations related solutions & Business processes.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to handle end-to-end Data Warehouse, Data Integration and BI application solutions by taking into consideration the business cases, objectives and requirements. The technical domain of the position includes all aspects of the solution including data integration, data architecture, information delivery, infrastructure, testing, performance tuning for all components of the project.
- Responsible for designing and developing Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence solutions including requirements gathering, data warehouse design, data modeling, data acquisition design, development, testing, deployment and documentation
- Collaborate with the team to design development standards and methodologies
- Creativity and drive to find and recommend solutions for new and existing DW/BI functionality
- Analyzing potential data quality issues to determine the root cause, and creating effective solutions
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve performance
- Work with stakeholder to understand their business, and make recommendations to help solve problems or improve processes
- Ability to prioritize daily activities based on project goals established by Management
- Provide technical assistance to more junior team members as needed
- Develops protocols to support established standards
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks
- Participate in normal support coverage rotation as scheduled
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 3+ years of IT work experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with Pentaho or any other Open source ETL tools
- Minimum of 2 years of Hadoop development experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Data Warehouse environment
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in working with RDBMS (i.e. MySQL or similar Databases) & SQLs
- Experience in working on any BI reporting solutions would be plus
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)