100 Avenue of the Americas 16th Floor New York, NY 10013
Our Client is looking for Data Scientists from a variety of backgrounds to help propel and enhance their data-driven investment initiatives. As a Data Scientist, you will explore a breadth of challenges: identifying timely and unique data sets, diving deep into a diverse set of data domains, visualizing and exploring and visualizing underlying data drivers, and developing data set features and forecasts.
- Apply statistical analysis & modeling techniques with finance intuition to datasets large and small, advance existing initiatives and open opportunities to pursue new and previously unexplored research topics across a wide variety of industries and domains
- Operate and extend the data science platform to deliver production-grade data curation and analysis services
- Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviors manifested through data
- Visualize and explore data sets to enable the ideation and generation of new, predictive feature
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis or similar role
- Experience applying statistical methods (distribution analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Strong coding skills with data-frames are a prerequisite, example platforms include Pandas, R, Matlab, and Apache Spark Demonstrated experience highlighting innovation, creativity, and intuition, e.g the ability to laterally identify other sources of useful information and think ' outside the box'
- Prior Experience in finance is not required