Newport Beach, CA 10012
Our Client is a data rich, data dependent and data intensive business. They gather market and economic data from around the globe which is consumed by quantitative analysts and portfolio managers to generate insights which, in turn, support the investment process. However, to generate insight from data is dependent on “ having the data” and “ knowing the data” such as what data/how is data used/who owns the data/what is the data policy, etc.
They are seeking a data librarian who has a passion for data and metadata. This person understands that having command of metadata at scale is a business enabler of everything from business intelligence through AI/ML. The librarian will be responsible for driving our metadata strategy. This includes building our data catalogue and data governance approach. This is a hands-on role working closely with the analytics and portfolio management community.
- Driving metadata strategies for across the business and technology
- Apply metadata and taxonomy management strategies to organize and classify our data landscape
- Develop and drive continuous improvement of the taxonomy to proactively serve and rapidly retrieve pertinent, meaningful content to our users
- Define and evangelize best practices for organization of datasets and related metadata
- Ensure that cataloging and metadata practices make resources more accessible and usable, with particular attention to making connections
We recognize that data librarians come from a variety of career backgrounds and are open to unconventional candidates. The successful candidate could come from data background at one of the large data vendors, a technology background or a trading background.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data and language
- Knowledge of financial data sets: tick, order flow, trade, fundamental data
- Exposure to Bloomberg APIs and ecosystem
- Experience with building data/information catalogues used by the business
- Experience with managing taxonomies in the financial services industry
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail