Data Engineer - Equities
New York City New York, NY 10012
Data Engineer, Equities Data Engineering
Data is the foundation of our client’ s investment strategy and the effective acquisition, processing, flow and management of the data through to the investment process is critical to the expansion of our firm.
The team is at the forefront of big data, stream processing and building cutting-edge tools and techniques.
Opportunity available in New York, New York.
- Understand business challenges and drive technical solutions
- Partner with investment professionals and data analysts/scientists to define priorities and deliver custom solutions
- Build robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines to cleanse, transform, enrich and model acquired data
- Acquire data from vendors, APIs or website scraping for analysis
- Enhance and extend data pipeline platforms and frameworks to accelerate data delivery
- Integrate data and insights into models, reports and the investment process
- Measure, analyze, and improve internal data quality
- Become an expert on systems and technology to support accelerating integration of data analytics into all processes
- Strong database programming expertise and strong SQL skills
- Strong personal drive and evidence of entrepreneurial initiative
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Linux and broad computer science expertise
Nice to Have
- Web data scraping experience
- Vertica, Greenplum, Redshift, BigQuery, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Hadoop experience
- AWS experience including EMR
- Machine learning and real-time preditive model execution platforms
- Jupyter and Anaconda
- PySpark and Zeppelin
- Data Warehousing and Modeling expertise
- Tableau, BI Tools, Excel
- Large scale text analytics processing
Prior experience in finance / financial services is not required.