Data Center Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer who will play a critical role in system and application administration of our technical environment. This role will be part of highly experienced team, and be provided new challenges on a daily basis. The possibility to make a large impact as part of a dedicated, dynamic team at our organization, both locally and globally, is unlike any other. Our flat culture encourages not only knowledge and best practice sharing, but also the opportunity to have your voice heard.
- Using a ticket system to track work.
- Coordinate, Install, and Troubleshoot equipment.
- Racking, Cabling, and Provision equipment.
- Responsible for the organization, documentation, and inventory in our Data Centers.
- Responsible for the Logistics in shipping/receiving.
- Proactively suggesting alternatives for improvements in our Data Center processes, configuration, or procedures.
- General understanding of a Data Center Environment and proper usage of Data Center best practices.
- Project Management of Data Center related tasks.
- At least three years working in a Data Center.
- Experience with installation, testing, and cleaning of Fiber Optic cabling
- Strong documentation skills for creating Standard Operating Procedures in the Data Center.
- A Valid Driver’ s License
- Travel to suburbs of Chicago and New Jersey area.
- Communication skills between team members and external vendors.
- Lift objects 60+ pounds
- Experience with Data Center Facilities Management tools for Power and Cooling.
- Basic Bash and Python knowledge is preferred.
- Highly motivated and organized self-starter that enjoys technology.
- Able to work flexible hours when required including evening and weekends
- High analytical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Network and Server Operating Systems.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage competing job responsibilities.