Data Business Analyst
Chicago, IL 60604
Position Purpose: The Data Business Analyst will report to the Director of Transactional Data within the Enterprise Data Team. The Enterprise Data team is responsible for conducting Business process, Strategic use case of all aspects of Data acquisition, transformation and distribution to drive business, operations and processes, measurements and improvements. We are looking for knowledge in the areas of engineering process/ specification writing, including problem solving, process improvements, quantitative analysis, product development and internal/external communication. The candidate must be able to communicate recommendations, roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and track project impact.
- Drive operational excellence throughout the organization
- Provide a supporting role in creating processes, tools & reports for transparency and data driven decision-making within Platform
- Responsible for driving individual topics within the Platform Governance Model (e.g. Evolve Product Development Framework, Performance Dashboard)
- Lead definition and alignment of KPIs at all level of Platform and be responsible for communicating their status to senior management
- Own dashboard where portfolio and operational data can be stored and fetched upon request
- Aid the Enterprise Data team to orchestrate and lead process framework in the platform area, to ensure harmonization and alignment with central activities executed by product and platform teams.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and working streams as required at a contributor level
- Liaise with respective teams inside the organization to support, and at times drive, the establishment of end-to-end repeatable business operational processes to unlock business value and engrain capabilities in the organization
- Relevant software or engineering degree (STEM studies), alternatively Finance degree. MBA is a very strong plus
- 1+ years of experience in fast-moving, ambiguous work environments, demonstrating both excellent technical, business and operational know-how
- Strong technical acumen (ideally including experience with Software Development Lifecycle, Agile methodology / SAFE, etc.)
- Process development and process management experience, with demonstrated process optimization delivering business value a plus
- Strong relationship building, influencing, communication and facilitation skills
- Creative, smart thinker, with a proven ability to scale steep learning curves quickly.
- Structured problem solving skill set