Data Analyst Manager
Houston, TX 77001
Since 2001, our teams have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’ s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process are helping to redefine investment management and other fields. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement.
In order to meet these challenges, we’ ve built a data accumulation platform that allows us to ingest over 10 terabytes of data per day, and a custom distributed storage solution to store the over 50 petabytes of information we’ ve accumulated since our inception. We’ ve also built an entire suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers to utilize this data to produce predictive models that help us automatically invest each and every day.
This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives us a long-term advantage over old-school investors – it has also created a whole set of technical problems to solve that don’ t always have an obvious solution. This gives you the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions and/or bring to bear the best open source options the market. We have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of our engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. We’ ve attracted technologists who possess special capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
We are seeking an experienced and high energy Data Engineering Manager to lead a highly motivated and innovative team for our Houston office. As part of the Data Engineering department, your efforts will be critical to the success of our global trading businesses.
The team will be responsible for the following:
- Curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Perform manual steps and develop programs and processes to ensure the completeness and integrity of financial reference datasets;
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
- Create systematic and automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Be part of a team to support the data used by production trading algorithms.
- A bachelor’ s degree which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems (Master’ s is a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an environment that prioritized data quality from hands-on experience to management roles
- 3+ years of experience managing and mentoring technical teams focused on data quality
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system, such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to define and solve problems by creatively using available data and making reasonable assumptions
- Experience working on data-related challenges with a focus on process improvement
- A proven track record of juggling multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion
- Clear communication skills and experience partnering with business functions/units to define, design and implement best practices for project completion