209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
The Data Analyst will report to the Chief Data Architect and will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data from disparate systems and producing insights to solve business problems.
- Create and manage enterprise data models with logical and physical views
- Build, manage, and maintain a data dictionary and data lineage for various functional areas of business and applications
- Collect, organize, and analyze data using data profiling and data analysis tools such as Talend, Informatica, or by writing custom SQL queries
- Ingest data from disparate systems using data integration tools or writing custom code in SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with the functional business area to identify, gather, investigate, and document business processes related to data architecture
- Visualize data insights using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView.
- Perform root-cause analysis to understand data problems and find solutions by understanding user requirements.
- Understand use of a data cleansing tool or package such as Talend, or able to write SQL scripts to clean data where necessary.
- Cleanse data using technical and business validation rules.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement the architecture
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong database querying competency using SQL
- Ability to develop data visualization dashboards in Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView
- Excellent knowledge of using statistical packages for data mining using R, Python, Spark ML, or Azure ML
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3 years experience in a data analyst role
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Understand the fundamental concepts of object oriented programming