Core Java Developer (NY, Austin, Newport Beach, CA)
Austin, TX 78707
Our Client is refactoring its software systems to a distributed micro-services model. To facilitate this we have created a core set of libraries built on popular open source code.
As use has increased we need to grow our development team and are after a senior java developer with a deep understanding of the JVM, open source libraries, java language constructs, debugging techniques, Linux operating system and computer architectures. The team is the ‘ goto’ place for resolving design and performance issues in application code.
We are also migrating from a static deployment approach to a ‘ cloud’ model with a view to using public clouds. This requires enhancements to many aspects of how we architect and write software and the Core team is leading the way.
- Develop and support the core java libraries and services.
- Improve performance and quality of Java code
- Develop core data services and migrate them to a cloud approach
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Deep understanding of Spring, Guava and various Apache open source libraries.
- Attention to detail, quality and performance is essential.
- Good understanding of lower system layers (jvm, os (unix), hardware)
- Cloud technologies desirable.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- 10+ years of experience required.
- Our Client is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.