C++ Qt Developer - Trading Desk
Chicago, IL 60654
What You' ll Do:
As a Software Engineer on one of our quantitative trading teams, you will work closely with the traders, quantitative researchers and engineers on the team to understand the requirements and develop a variety of applications, including real-time applications for trading and visualization, applications for monitoring the trading system or viewing risk metrics, application for managing configuration, etc.
The ideal candidate is an expert C++ developer who has the talent to solve challenging technical problems, loves designing user-friendly interfaces, and can partner closely with the end user to create applications that are efficient and productive. Trading industry experience is beneficial, but not required. We can easily teach you trading concepts, as long as you have a strong technical background.
Skills you’ ll need:
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Experience creating Desktop UIs using Qt
- Experience working on a Linux platform or cross platform development environment such as QT Creator or KDevelop
- Good attention to detail and understanding of UI/UX design
- Expertise in the use of common data structures and algorithms
- Passion for development, strong work ethic, and drive to continually learn and improve
- Dedication to the craft of writing good code - ability to write reliable and readable code, as well as provide code review feedback to others
- Willingness to adhere and contribute to internal coding standards
- Self-directed and comfortable taking ownership of projects and responsibilities
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent