Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client is seeking a C++ Developer. The candidate should have a passion for finance and a strong sense of good software design. The role will be a part of the platform development team and provide the individual with exposure to traders and strategy developers. The individual will be responsible for analyzing exchange protocols, proposing design solutions, and implementing connectivity to trading venues across the world.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement low-latency market access solutions
- Design, develop and support market data feed handlers and exchange order routers
- Work with traders to understand and develop trading solutions
- Diagnose latency issues and resolve with appropriate tuning and optimizations
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of FinTech experience, ideally including market data, exchanges, and infrastructure systems development.
- Strong background in C++
- Proven track record of understanding and working with global exchange protocols.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience with exchange protocols such as FIX/Fast, OUCH, ITCH, etc.
- Working knowledge of tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, etc… to monitor and debug behavior
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, network protocols, particularly on UNIX systems.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field