C++ Developer (NY, Jersey City, Houston)
Houston, TX 77006-5443
We are seeking Senior C++ Software Developers to help design, build, and operate our state of the art trading systems. Ideally, you’ d work out of our Houston, Jersey City, or New York City offices.
What you’ ll do:
As the member of a software project team, you will be doing work that directly affects our ability to trade every day. You will work with a strong team of developers & analysts that will create, maintain and support the tools and software that make up our mission-critical trading applications. On any given day you may find yourself doing the following:
- Writing low-latency, high-throughput C++ routines and libraries
- Building applications that leverage internal data to meet various reporting requirements
- Analyzing enormous amounts of data
- Learning how exchanges work; learning how trading works; learning how our client operates
What you’ ll have:
- You are a continuous learner, passionate about technology and want to know how things work
- You have a proven record of delivering high-quality software in modern C++ in a Linux environment
- You take initiative, own your work, and are persistent in following your products into production
- You develop manageable and maintainable software; you build things you’ re proud of
- You are smart. Challenges excite you. You easily abstract simplicity from complex systems
- You leverage engineering best practices like Continuous Delivery and BDD for fast feedback and learning cycles
Our ideal candidates bring many of the following attributes to the table:
- You’ re up to date on modern C++ standards and have been using C++17 professionally or in your personal projects
- Many years of experience optimizing low latency code for nanosecond latencies
- Have worked on the full stack including high speed network design, firmware, kernel modification, compiler modification, and distributed system design
- Several years of experience writing code using BDD/TDD processes
- Thorough understanding of and experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Are able to teach and elevate the team with existing knowledge
- Experience in the automated trading domain
What you’ ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results.
- Attractive compensation and bonus structure with the opportunity to participate in a profit based incentive program.
- Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals.
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily.
- Weekly in-house professional massages, tickets to sporting and theater events.
- Company paid onsite gym membership.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Pre-tax transportation contributions.
- Casual dress.
- Company events, often including employees' families.