Application Support Developer
300 Crescent Court Dallas, TX 75201
Our client is an SEC registered investment adviser managing private investment funds exclusively for qualified investors.
Application Support Developer is responsible for working directly with employees to troubleshoot and resolve problems with custom applications and in-house databases. This role does not include general desktop support, which is handled by Maverick’ s desktop support team.
- Handle application support requests from Maverick users and determine the best course of resolution.
- Independently design, code and implement minor bug fixes and features, coordinating implementation with the appropriate users.
- Build expertise in all areas of the systems that run the business
- Troubleshoot database and data load problems in SQL Server and implement fixes when appropriate.
- Handle issues independently where possible; escalate issues where SME is required.
- Work with developers to drive investigation to track down root causes of issues
- Make recommendations on software or process improvements based on observation of patterns in user-reported issues.
- Participate in code review meetings with the development team.
- Proactively communicate with users on requirements and issue status.
- Track issues in Jira. Write and update knowledgebase articles and incident retrospectives in Confluence.
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Excellent communication skills due to a high level of user interaction at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and plan work according to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Write high quality code backed by automated unit tests,
- Great diagnostic skills to investigate the symptoms of a problem and chase it down to the root cause
- Minimum two years professional experience with user and application support experience in a Windows environment.
- Exceptional candidates will have experience in, or knowledge of the investment industry.
- Four or more years of college, resulting in a B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree is required.