Alpha Capture Software Engineer
New York, NY 10013
Our Client is seeking a driven Web 2.0 software engineer to join their alpha-capture product team. Partnering with software engineers across the organization, you will be instrumental in building scalable, multi-server, multi-database web applications that drive the firms quantitative trading models. This undertaking requires the following:
- Integrating dynamic back-end functionalities;
- Implementing compelling, functional user interfaces that support the success of their electronic alpha-capture business;
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks;
- Participating in design and code reviews;
- Defining and communicating best practices for web-based user interface engineering across the organization.
- At least a bachelor’ s degree in computer science. An ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code.
- Proficiency in several programming languages such as Java, Groovy, C or C++.
- Strong working knowledge of current web standards including CSS3 and HTML 5.
- Proficiency in highly scalable frameworks and experience with Java Servlet containers like Tomcat or Jetty is a definite advantage. Knowledge of highly available message queue systems such as RabbitMQ, distributed cache like Membase and distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop is preferable.
- An obsession with building tools and developing scalable, real-time web applications on both front-end and back-end components.