.Net Developer (full-stack)
209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
As a member of our team, you will be focused on helping us create software that is reliable, maintainable, secure, and creates a framework for innovative solutions. You will tackle the most complex problems and identify whether they require innovations, decisions, or routine tasks. Whiteboards will be often used by you and the team. Through agile processes, you will work on a variety of projects including multiple Azure services (Service Fabric, Web Jobs, Message Queues, etc.) as well as both relational (Azure SQL) and non-relational (Cosmos) data sources. We seek to make the action of writing code as efficient as possible in order to allow for a focus on clean architecture designs and continuous education. We aim to build a team with highly motivated individuals who share in a craftsman type approach to software.
- Familiar with ASP.NET MVC (routing, model binding, razor views)
- Understanding of REST API structure and ASP.NET WebAPI
- Experience with Dependency Injection
- Application Security (encryption, secure messaging)
- Data Access ORM (Dapper and Entity Framework)
- Azure Services (Web Apps, Cosmos, Web Jobs)
- SOLID Principles
- Comfortable with Agile processes
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- 3+ years in web application development
- Experience working on large scale production environments
- Knowledge of various non-relational data stores
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
About the Team:
o Development breakdown: several Scrum teams working across the entire suite of offered applications (60-70 people); Typical Scrum team breakdown: Solution Owner - Solution Architect - 4-5 developers - 2-3 QA testers.
o Most focused on Full-Stack C# with Angular.js / HTML 5 on the front-end with MS Azure being a big + (one application on Azure IaaS currently).
- (1) Shareholder Communications, FCC filings; some large Healthcare customers. One bucket is the platform around disseminating those documents; ETL solutions in place; Flagship is the store-front solution - most customers on the delivery side they offer the store-front solution that allows their brokers / agents to come in and order materials to be physically or electronically delivered; “ MetLife store-front for example.
- (2) Document workflows; document workflows for ingesting new documents; end-user focused with a wide audience of brokers and agents.