New York, NY
We are seeking a systems administrator who will serve as a provider of IT support and engineering to the executive staff and their related entities. In this position, you will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines including Windows Workstation, Windows Server, Linux, networking equipment, as well as the various administrative technologies associated with each. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and background in administering and supporting desktop operating systems and other customer-facing devices for executives, their families, and related groups. You will be the principal owner of service requests as well as the customer’ s overall satisfaction, resolving issues independently, or following appropriate escalation processes when necessary. Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Linux environment;
- Effectively using your knowledge base and other tools to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues;
- Deploying, installing, and maintaining PCs and software, including tending to all adds, moves, and changes;
- Appropriately documenting all required information in call tracking system;
- Diligently creating and maintaining knowledgebase as appropriate;
- Exercising appropriate workflow and time management;
- Carrying out additional duties, which may vary based on your skillset and your specialization.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’ s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Two to three years of experience in an IT-related field.
- Understanding of common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and client-facing skills.
- Demonstrated responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through.
- Experience in administering accounts and policies in an Active Directory environment.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving problems pertaining to workstation connectivity, MS Office, and malware.
Additional Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Some experience with programming and/or scripting (Python, Java, etc….)
- Experience with Linux system services and programs, including package management, Nagios, dhcpd, bind, nfs, nis, apache, mysql/mongodb, samba
- MCSE or Industry-level certification such as LPI or similar.