Sr. Linux Infrastructure Engineer
New York, NY
Tech Lead, Desktop/Mobile Engineering
Our Client seeks a Desktop/Mobile Engineering Tech Lead to provide technical direction for their global Linux/Windows desktop/mobility engineering group.
The Tech Lead will work closely with team members in the Enterprise Technology division to ensure designs are implemented to meet organizational and security requirements.
He/she will perform advanced Enterprise and Desktop Engineering functions in a 24/7 algorithmic trading environment.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and deploying Desktop/Mobile technologies to meet architectural and security requirements in an Open Source friendly setting
- Engineering and administering the wireless infrastructure to facilitate connectivity between Enterprise end points for internal resources
- Overseeing and operating the central management platform for both Linux and Windows systems
- Developing and managing NetApp storage as it relates to the Enterprise environment
- Administering the VoIP infrastructure Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s degree with 4 years related experience OR Associate’ s degree with six years related experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Ubuntu image management with in-depth understanding of installation, configuration, administration, and tuning
- Prior experience working in large scale desktop environments
- Knowledge of RHEL Linux 5.x / 6.x / 7.x, SALT stack
- Knowledge of Windows 10, SCCM, Kerberos/Group Policies
- Knowledge of NetApp file storage
- Knowledge of Wireless Access Points (Aruba)
- Knowledge of Phone infrastructure (FreePBX)
- Possessing scripting ability (PERL, PowerShell, BASH)
Our Client is located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. The culture - cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and wellstocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include: · Competitive salary · 401(k) with company matching · Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays · Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis · Free gym membership · Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival