Sr Software Engineer - Fixed Income
Our Client is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds rather they trade for their own account in markets around the world. Their trading is diverse— across asset classes and instruments, using their own models and systems— and it’ s this diversification that sets them apart. They were founded in 1992 by bringing together technology, research, and risk management to capture trading and investment opportunities and they still take that approach today. Though they’ ve grown to more than 750 exceptional people in six cities around the world, they have the spirit of a start-up and a constant focus on results.
Our Client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of highly talented technologists. This team is tasked with building and maintaining a front-office system used by traders, researchers, and risk managers for the pricing of fixed income derivatives. The system is built primarily in C# and C++ and is exposed through a RESTful API. As they explore the next generation of this system they are open to introducing new programming languages and architectures. Success in this role may lead to an opportunity for an expanded role within the organization to provide leadership in the development of similar technology for other products and trading desks.
- Work directly with traders, quantitative researchers, and other software engineers in cross-functional team environments.
- Development and support of existing C#/C++ application.
- Design, development, and support of the next gen software for this team.
- Implement new Web-based apps supporting desk-level pricing and risk management.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Strong experience with Java, C#, or C++ and micro-service architecture.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Initiative and proven experience independently driving projects to completion.
- C# and C++ experience on Windows.
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience with fixed income (bonds, swaps, futures, etc.) in a trading environment
- Experience in derivatives modeling and statistical analysis of time series.