Sr Linux Systems Administrator
New York, NY
Senior Linux Systems Administrator –
A high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a highly skilled Linux Systems Administrator to join our Core Engineering and Systems team in New York.
The Linux Systems Administrator will help oversee the maintenance of over 5, 000 servers worldwide while supporting more than 600 users globally. Our Client has over 150 high-capacity, low-latency, direct private lines between their sites, and they use the latest high-performance servers, network switches, and network cards.
- Provide direct technical support of Linux and related technology in a production trading environment
- Supervise and improve monitoring procedures and technology
- Assisting with day-to-day maintenance of servers, including supporting hardware changes, software installations, and upgrades
- Directing support for our continuously active servers, processes, and low-latency network during New York daytime hours
- Integration and engineering of new technologies in fast-paced deployment environment
- Analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues
- Incident management and troubleshooting during production outages, including coordination and communication
- Installing, configuring, and deploying fully-distributed Linux systems
- Design and track risk/problem remediation streams
- Technical review of existing support systems and procedures
- Manage workflows, tickets and prioritization of support efforts
- Participating in an on-call rotation and weekend work Qualifications You should be motivated to find the best solutions to problems of all sizes.
You should have:
- At least five years of work experience in a Linux environment, in finance or a similar industry
- A bachelor’ s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience maintaining Intel processor based servers
- Fluency in at least one scripting/coding language: Bash, Python, Perl
- Hands-on knowledge of SSH, iptables, NFS, DNS, DHCP, and LDAP
- Experience using Open Source applications to deliver enterprise support and monitoring
- Proven troubleshooting experience
- Expertise with maintaining server builds and packaging systems
- Strong understanding of low-latency and process isolation technologies, such as numactl, cpuset, realtime
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes (a plus)
- Experience as a team/technical lead or manager
Our Client’ s main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While they work hard, they have a cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life.
Benefits include: · Competitive salary · 401(k) with company matching · Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays · Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis · Free gym membership · Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival