131 S. Dearborn, IL
Our Client is a provider of order and investment management platform technology solutions to alternative and traditional asset management clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Developer for eGlue Reporting System will work closely with report developers, as well as business users, in implementing new requirements and enhancements. Expected to provide technical expertise to support and enhance the C++ application in eGlue reporting system. Must demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business and technical problems, make sound technical decisions independently and proactively work with team members. The role requires in depth knowledge of C++, object-oriented analysis and design, RDBMS, SQL and XML to develop robust and flexible software solutions. Focus will be on enhancing and building extensible and scalable applications.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new features and enhancements for the eGlue application.
- Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality and scalability of the eGlue application.
- Effectively communicate with level 1 support and collaborate with development teams of interfacing systems.
- Provide level 2 application support to the end users and eGlue team when need arises.
- 7-10 years in C++ based development, preferably windows based.
- Minimum 5 years of RDBMS experience on SQL, Sybase client and ODBC interface
- Minimum 1-2 years of XML application processing.
- Minimum 3 years of multi-threaded programming
- Minimum 3 years of TCP based network programming.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be affective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.