Sr Clearing Associate
Our Client is a proprietary trading firm focused on trading Futures, Equities, Fixed Income and FX. The working environment is high energy and fast paced, creating an excellent opportunity for learning and growth for anyone who joins our team.
They are seeking to hire a Senior Clearing Associate, specializing in Options, to be part of their global Clearing Team based in Chicago. This role will be part of a group that ensures the smooth flow of trading activity between our various trading venues and our clearing firms across the globe.
What you' ll do:
- Monitor real time transaction flows via several proprietary and vendor systems.
- Facilitate accurate and timely reconciliation of globally traded products.
- Administer Session and Trader ID requests to facilitate exchange connectivity.
- Identify and resolve trade discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Manage complex operational and settlement related matters effectively.
- Daily communication with counter-parties, finance, prime brokers, traders, and various internal operations support teams in multiple regions.
- Document processes and procedures for internal and external/audit purposes.
Skills you' ll need:
- Experience with electronic Futures and Equity options trading required.
- A strong understanding of options exercise and assignment delivery, and settlement process.
- Experience with operational options market making requirements a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to exercise good judgment and pro-active decision-making in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Accomplished communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in English to both internal and external contacts on a global basis while maintaining composure during stressful situations.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to maintain accuracy while processing large volumes of data under strict time constraints.
- Bachelor’ s degree education in the field of Business/Economics.