Sr C++ Software Engineer
This is a Partner-level position, the highest title offered at this firm. By submitting your resume, you promise to keep all interview questions confidential, so as to give other candidates an equal chance. **
Setting new thresholds for modern computing
Our Client is seeking a Software Engineer to work with us on the cutting edge of financial technologies. Every day is a learning exercise: you will explore the frontiers of computer science, in areas such as distributed systems, concurrency, operating systems, networks, computer architecture, data analysis and UI design. We develop and iterate quickly; you will have access to every line of code and can switch between many projects.
You must meet at least one of these minimum requirements:
- 5+ years of working experience in C/C++ in a UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated success in architecting low latency applications in C++.
In addition, here are some of the skills that we' re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns and best practices.
- ? Experience with parallel and distributed computing.
- Interest in a career outside large tech or financial firms.
- Experience collaborating on large software projects.
- Knowledge of financial trading systems (feed handlers, OMS, order execution, binary/direct/prop feeds, or FIX engines).
Our Client is a hedge fund focused on high frequency trading. The team consists of veterans in the HFT space and former senior engineers and researchers in companies such as GETCO, Goldman Sachs, Google and more. The firm is backed by several institutional investors and hedge fund veterans.