Sr C++ Software Engineer - Denver
Our client is seeking a Senior C++ Software Developer to help design, and build state of the art trading systems. Ideally, you’ d work out of our Denver or Houston office.
Annual Compensation $250, 000 to $500, 000
What will you be doing?
As the member of a software project team, you will be doing work that directly affects our ability to trade every day. You will work with a strong team of developers & analysts that will create, maintain and support the tools and software that make up our mission-critical trading applications. On any given day you may find yourself doing the following:
- Writing low-latency, high-throughput C++ routines and libraries
- Building applications that leverage internal data to meet various reporting requirements
- Analyzing enormous amounts of data
- Learning how exchanges work; learning how trading works; \
Who are you?
- You are a continuous learner, passionate about technology and want to know how things work
- You have a proven record of delivering high-quality software in C++ in a Linux environment
- You take initiative, own your work, and are persistent in following your products into production
- You develop manageable and maintainable software; you build things you’ re proud of
- You are smart. Challenges excite you. You easily abstract simplicity from complex systems
- You leverage engineering best practices like Continuous Delivery and BDD for fast feedback and learning cycles
Our ideal candidates bring many of the following attributes to the table.
- Expertise with C++14 through to the C++17 and C++20 proposals
- Many years of experience optimizing code for nanosecond latencies
- Have worked on the full stack including high speed network design, firmware, kernel modification, compiler modification, and distributed system design
- Several years of experience writing code using BDD/TDD processes
- Thorough understanding of and experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Are able to teach and elevate the team with existing knowledge
- Experience in the automated trading domain