Software Developer -Trading Team
This is a highly selective position. This person will become a member and developer of a front office quantitative portfolio management team in trading operations, trading systems development and large-scale data management.
- Very solid Core Java and SQL experiences in the linux environment are critical
- Helpful - practical knowledge of scripting language (perl, python)
- Undergrad or higher degree in computer science
- Some work experience (2+ years) required, but not necessarily in finance
- Hard working and strong desire to succeed within a growing team
- Motivated self-learner; scrappy and ready to roll up sleeves
- Strong troubleshooting ability; good attention to detail
- Interest in software engineering, trading system development and maintenance
- Data acquisition, cleaning, storage and integrity check (including vendor contacts)
- Alpha signal monitoring
- Real-time execution system support
- EOD booking and reconciliation
- Strategy backtest
The candidate will eventually come to understand a vast interlinked system that has grown organically and has complex dependencies. However, this is a strictly development and systematic trading operations role (i.e. NOT quant research).