Senior Software Engineer (Python / Spark / Big Data)
This position has an emphasis on big data technologies. (Python, Spark and Big Data)
Job Responsibilities (List the major responsibilities/outcomes expected of this role)
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications:
- Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications:
- Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Provides leadership and participates on project teams:
- Provides input to the work project plan, performs technical review of applications and peers’ work and develops proposals for improvements.
- Provides support to internal users and support staff:
- Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
- Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error free revisions in applications.
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Performs configuration management tasks:
- Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Works with and in some instances provides work direction to our vendor partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 4+ years of software development/engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
- Advanced knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of software design and testing principles
- Advanced knowledge of database management systems
- Knowledge of or experience working with big data technologies such as Apache Spark
- Experience writing unit-tested code in Python
- Experience working with analysts to develop analytical models
- 6+ years of IT experience
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners